Clinical Psychology, Mindfulness-Compassion-Based Services
This course has been shown to help alleviate a wide range of physical and psychological difficulties, increase wellbeing and enhance performance and engagement in work and life.
MBSR was first developed by Professor Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. It has been widely researched over the past 30 years and is at the cutting edge of integrative and preventative medicine.
Who is Mindfulness training for?
- Individuals interested in personal and professional development
- Individuals who wants to better manage stress, conflict, pain and communication response in future
- Individuals interested in strategies for shifting from reactive to responsive mode
- Individuals who want to improve emotion regulation
- Individuals interested in developing different relationship to experience of unwanted external and internal triggers, feelings, thoughts and sensations
- Individuals who want to cultivate mindfulness meditation, and promote awareness
What are the benefits of mindfulness training?
- Developing an attitude of openness, non-judgement, psychological flexibility, trust, and acceptance
- Learning to be compassionate towards yourself and others
- Learning how to shift from doing to being mode•Incorporating mindfulness into daily life activities
- Contributing to own health and wellbeing•Improving management of stress
Componts of the program include
- Psycho-educational aspects of stress, stress physiology
- Activities that identify pattern, reaction and early warning signs
- Practice of Mindfulness.
This program can be facilitated as a group program or offered on an individual basis. MBSR is an eight-week program teaching individuals in better managing their experience with depression and/or anxiety.
Depression and Anxiety
Behavioural, Emotional, Cognitive Pattern
Impact of mood on our reactions
Paper and Pencil
Reflection and Inquiry
This is a program based on MBCT. It an ongoing eight-week program with weekly session of 1hr and 15 minutes.